They say, "A man's home is his castle." For millions of Americans, that couldn't be further from the truth. In the United States alone over 60,000,000 people live in shared ownership communities (SOCs)--more commonly known as condominiums, cooperatives and homeowner's associations. In addition, there are over 2,000,000 volunteers who serve on association boards every year. With New Neighborhoods, Gary Poliakoff and Ryan Poliakoff have written an essential guide for owners, residents, and especially volunteer board members.
New Neighborhoods: The Consumer's Guide to Condominium, Co-Op, and HOA Living is a non-fiction consumer's guide that details the most important aspects of buying or living in an SOC and provides in-depth information on how to effectively serve as a board member or volunteer. It uses humor, anecdotes and a relaxed, conversational writing style to explain what has become a very difficult legal and social minefield.
Detailing the most important aspects of buying or living in a shared ownership community, the authors
- Help readers make a smart purchasing decision
- Clarify readers' rights and responsibilities
- Explain how associations operate, collect money, and hold meetings and elections
- Describe how to effectively serve as a board member or volunteer
- Highlight some of the crazy rules and regulations that have arisen around the country-and how to know when to follow them
Available Now at a fine bookseller near you! Also available on Amazon Kindle and Sony E-Reader.